OVER 65 – We are holding an OVER 65 flu vaccine clinic on Saturday 8th and Saturday 22nd October. If you are over 65 (including those who will be 65 by 31 March 2023) then please call reception to book into this clinic.
Housebound patients will be contacted and advised when these will be taking place.
UNDER 65 – We are holding an UNDER 65 flu vaccine clinic on Wednesday 12th October and Saturday 22nd October. Please call reception to book.
Who can have the flu vaccine?
The flu vaccine is given free on the NHS to adults who:
- are 65 and over (including those who will be 65 by 31 March 2023)
- have certain health conditions
- are pregnant
- are in long-stay residential care
- receive a carer’s allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- live with someone who is more likely to get a severe infection due to a weakened immune system, such as someone living with HIV, someone who has had a transplant, or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis
- are frontline health workers
- are social care workers who cannot get the vaccine through an occupational health scheme at work
People aged 50 years old or over (including those who will be 50 years old by 31 March 2023) who do not have a long-term health condition can have a free NHS flu vaccine. PLEASE CALL FROM NOVEMBER IF YOU FALL INTO THIS CRITERIA. This is so at-risk groups can be offered vaccination first.